June 22-24, 2012
Conroe,TX Lone Star Convention & Expo Center 9055 Airport Rd Conroe, TX 77303 http://www.thelonestar.org
Re-engineered Area 9 biennial event!
Geared specifically for the individual ringer, but big enough to cater to entire ensembles!
Early Bird registration is $195 if received by 5/15, and $210 if received after. Register as an individual ringer or as a group! In contrast to Area events past, Summit 2012 is developed specifically with EVERY ringer in mind, whether it fit you best to attend as an individual or if you’d prefer to use the opportunity as camaraderie building for
your ensemble! Daily registration is also available! Massed ringing opportunities, a by-audition All-Star ensemble under the direction of Michael Glasgow (application online), and great ringing tracks available for all skill sets! Also, we’re proud to have more concert opportunities than at any previous Area 9 event, by performing ensembles from all over Texas and Oklahoma!
In addition to our two amazing clinicians, Barb Brocker will be a guest artist and performer at the Summit 2012: Unlimited Possibilities event. Barbara Brocker has developed the bell tree solo concept, has over 20 bell tree publications in her name and has written “The Bell Tree Keyboard Manual.” She taught at International Symposiums in 2008 and 2010 and National Seminars in 2006, 2008, and 2009, and performed and taught at this year’s National Seminar in Minneapolis. As a performer and clinician at the Solo and Ensemble Extravaganza (S.E.E.) in 2001, 2003, and 2005, she was selected to join their “Dream Team” Quartet. Barb’s appearance at the festival is sponsored by the Greater Houston Handbell Association.
- more concert performances by talent all over Area 9
- more tracks covering all levels of reading, ringing, directing, rhythm, and technique
- auditioned All-Star ensembles directed by our clinicians
- opportunities for all varieties of ringers–beginning, intermediate, advanced, church, and community/professional
- a bell-tree track led by the talented Barbara Brocker, most recently seen performing at the 2011 National Seminar in Minneapolis!